Work at Act for Peace
Act for Peace employs people from all backgrounds who are dedicated to assisting communities affected by poverty and conflict. If you’re passionate about tackling injustice and helping communities torn apart by war and poverty, we’d love to hear from you. Have a look at our latest jobs and internship vacancies below.
Please note, our head office is located in Sydney, though we do have some staff located in offices around Australia. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
View Act for Peace's Child Protection Policy here and all other policies visit the Act for Peace Policies area.
- Work with an experienced team
- Full-time Position
- Location: Sydney CBD
The Monitoring Officer is a newly created position at Act for Peace (AfP), and will play a key role in our Effectiveness Team, focusing on the development of effective systems and procedures to enable AfP’s work.
In this role you will work with and support our program staff to meet agreed quality, accountability and effectiveness standards. You will have clear and efficient procedures, and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work in the following areas:
- Maintaining the database for AfP’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework
- Providing support and advice to help programs and partner staff with data use and data improvement, in tracking progress against program outputs and outcomes and AfP strategy, and in creating project level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans
- Maintaining efficient data management systems that facilitate information sharing, data storage, and data analysis required for monitoring, reporting and ongoing learning
- Maintaining project management tools, templates and resources
- Support reporting on the work of the Programs and Policy department including donor reporting
For more information, including the selection criteria, download the Monitoring Officer Information Pack
submit your application via our Workable careers website
, including your resume and a covering letter addressing each of the selection criteria.
3 December 2017
Commencing 14 December 2017
For all enquiries, please contact Marlous van Oorschot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we usually receive we are only able to respond to those selected for interview.
Volunteer with us
View other ways you can join the Act for Peace team as an Intern or Volunteer.
Volunteering with us
More ways to take action
Hundreds of thousands of Rohingya families have fled from violence and persecution in Myanmar. Currently living in makeshift camps in Bangladesh, they urgently need our help.
By giving a monthly gift, you can help bring safety, justice and dignity to people around the world who have fled from conflict and natural disasters.
Take the Act for Peace Ration Challenge during Refugee Week (June 2018) to raise money in support of refugees who have lost everything, and challenge perspectives – including your own.